Google Docs is compatible with Microsoft Word and shares many of its formatting features.
Seats are limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Please arrive a half-hour early to sign in for a seat at one of the 16 workstations.
For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact the Center for Accessibility at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or 202-727-2142.
Instructor: N. McNeal
MLK Jr. Memorial Library
Adult Learning Department
901 G Street, NW
Computer Lab - Room 202-O
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well and the skills acquired in the PC Basics and Word I Basics classes.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Google Docs window
- Create a Google Document in Google Drive
- Apply basic formatting features and insert graphics, links and tables
- Open, rename and move a Google Document
- Add comments and share a Google Document
- Engage the Edit and Suggestion Modes and to accept or reject suggested edits
- Use the Version History to view the various versions created by the edits made
- Download a Google Doc to Microsoft Word and upload a Word document to Google Docs
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your established email account.