This software is widely used in the workplace and in educational settings.
Seats are limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Please arrive a half-hour early to sign in for a seat at one of the 16 workstations.
For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact the Center for Accessibility at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or 202-727-2142.
Instructor: A. Peek
MLK Jr. Memorial Library
Adult Learning Department
901 G Street, NW
Computer Lab - Room 202-O
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics, Word I Basics and Word II Intermediate.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Microsoft PowerPoint window.
- Create a simple slide presentation using the installed themes and design templates.
- Identify and engage the three working panes of the PowerPoint environment.
- Insert additional slides and delete unwanted slides.
- Edit and customize each slide and insert online pictures, SmartArt, video, charts and links.
- Apply "bells & whistles," e.g. sound effects, slide transitions and animations.
- Rehearse timings to produce a self-propelled slideshow.
- Activate the slideshow presentation
- Save the presentation as a slideshow (.ppsx) and as a presentation (.pptx)
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.