Seats are limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Please arrive a half-hour early to sign in for a seat at one of the 16 workstations.
For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact the Center for Accessibility at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or 202-727-2142.
Instructor: N. McNeal
MLK Jr. Memorial Library
Adult Learning Department
901 G Street, NW
Computer Lab - Room 202-O
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well and the skills acquired in the PC Basics class.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Microsoft Word window.
- Execute multiple text-selection techniques.
- Apply basic formatting features.
- Perform the Copy/Cut and Paste functions.
- Execute the "Find and Replace" and "Go To" features.
- Explore a variety of templates for creating letters, résumés, faxes, reports, stationery and more.
- Apply themes, page borders, page colors and watermarks.
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.