Seats are limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Please arrive a half-hour early to sign in for a seat at one of the 16 workstations.
For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact the Center for Accessibility at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or 202-727-2142.
Instructor: H. White
MLK Jr. Memorial Library
Adult Learning Department
901 G Street, NW
Computer Lab - Room 202-O
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics and Word I Basics.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic features and elements of the Microsoft Excel window.
- Build a simple budget spreadsheet, using data entry and cell navigation skills.
- Format and edit spreadsheet data, using common and unique formatting features.
- Create simple formulas.
- Engage and perform the AutoSum function, using both the window feature and a keyboard shortcut.
- Explore the Insert Function feature for all other mathematical operations available in Excel.
- Engage the Chart Gallery to create a chart based on the simple budget database created in class.