These skills can help you search online job boards and complete online job applications. Seats are limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Please arrive a half-hour early to sign in for a seat at one of the 16 workstations.
For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact the Center for Accessibility at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or 202-727-2142.
Instructor: P. Bond
MLK Jr. Memorial Library
Adult Learning Department
901 G Street, NW
Computer Lab - Room 202-O
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics and Word I Basics.
You will learn to:
- Identify and navigate the basic elements and features of the Internet Explorer browser environment
- Navigate the Web using hyperlinks
- Explore the features and advantages of various search engines and directories
- Perform simple Web searches and explore various job search engines
- Copy and paste Web text and graphics to a Word document
Bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.