The computer is used to create documents, like résumés, and to conduct online job searches. Seats are limited to 16 participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-served walk-in basis. Please arrive a half-hour early to sign in for a seat at one of the 16 workstations.
For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact the Center for Accessibility at DCPLaccess@dc.gov or 202-727-2142.
Instructor: M. Rivera
MLK Jr. Memorial Library
Adult Learning Department
901 G Street, NW
Computer Lab - Room 202-O
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well.
You will learn to:
- Identify basic computer components and operating system features.
- Execute basic mouse techniques.
- Perform basic keyboard strokes and functions.
- Identify and navigate the features of the desktop.
- Open and exit software programs.
- Identify and navigate the Windows environment of Microsoft software applications.
- Create and save a document to the desktop or to a flash drive.